I bought a APU2C4 Board (from the swiss company “PC Engines GmbH”) and multiple components because I want to build a custom pfSense router.
I’ve ordered the device several weeks ago and haven’t used it until now. That’s because I made a few mistakes (which I want to write now):
- Mistake: I used a power supply with 12V and 2A from china.
- Visible by: The LED on the back of the device blinks 5 times - then no more again.
- Solution: Use a 12V and 3A power supply.
- Mistake: I used a serial cable with Prolific PL2303 Chip and another serial cable with a Gender Changer.
- Visible by: I couldn’t connect to the device.
- Solution: Don’t use PL2303 Chips and Gender Changer! The following Chips are supported: FTDI / FT232RL and Silicon Labs CP2104
By the way: The support of pc-engines is really fast - great customer experience …
My new serial cable with FT232RL chip hasn’t arrived yet. I will write more about that device when i encounter new errors …